Total Page Views

Monday, October 3, 2011

RECAP : MANNY MOTA / WES PARKER APPEARANCE / SIGNING @ FRANK AND SONS 10-3-2011

This past weekend I went to go get former Dodger great Wes Parker's autograph on a ball and while there I decide to get other former Dodger great and current coach Manny Mota's autograph.

Manny was first up at around 11:00 a.m. and I was probably somewhere around 30-40th in line. Line was a tad slow but had some good conversations with fellow fans while waiting. Once up to the table where he was sitting I found out why it was slower than some other signers as he signs at a slow pace, which makes the actual signature neater, and if you spoke Spanish ( which I don't ) he would converse with you a little more. Received my signature and said thank you and moved on. Pictures were not allowed to be taken with him but you could take one from afar or of him signing your item.





Up next was Wes Parker who started signing roughly at 12:00 p.m. Surprisingly I was first in line as most people were in a separate line awaiting the arrival of Don Newcombe who I met early this year. Better for me and the few other people that were in Wes's line. Before signing he ended up talking to ex-Dodger Tim Leary. Got up to the table and handed him a ball and he was about to side panel me before asking where I would like him to sign. Ugh, I hate side panel signatures unless it is a speciality ball. He noticed my name on my jersey that I was wearing and asked if I remember so-so player and I responded by saying no but I remember his son ( which I didn't but it was an educated guess ) and to my surprise he knew who I was talking about.

So in the end I spent a couple hours with some fellow fans and had some decent conversations and the signers were nice and cordial and the signatures came out great. Next up is the big 1981 World Series Champion reunion next month.






1 comment:

Dodgerbobble said...

Awesome experience! I wish I would have known you would be there, we could have met up. Maybe next time.