Total Page Views

Monday, October 31, 2011

RECAP : DON LARSEN APPEARANCE / SIGNING @ THE ORLEANS IN VEGAS 10-29-2011


This past weekend was my birthday and my wonderful wife and so-so father in law ( ha ha, just kidding ) took me to the city of Sin to celebrate. I always have my traditions which is my birthday movie, birthday video, etc. I saw that Dee Gordon was going to be in Vegas and thought to add a signing to the tradition and told the wife that even on getaway weekends she can't get away from baseball. I put her at ease stating we already met him and didn't need to meet him again. Off to Orleans we went for some poker playing and as I walked by I saw a sign for a Don Larsen signing the next day and thought even though he played for the Yankees it would be a great addition as I always wanted the signature of the only person in history to throw a perfect game in the world series and only person to throw a no-hitter in the world series ( Roy Halladay threw one in the division series ). I turned and saw that Don was sitting right there as it was a two day event. He and his agent tried to get us to get the signing that day but I wanted in on an official ball of course so I told them I would be there the next day after I make a run to Target.
Got there the next day and he was there waiting and gladly signed a ball for me and I asked him if he could put the inscription of " W.S.P.G. 10-8-1956 " which he gladly did. Also for the purchase price you got a signed photo of the game a photo op with the man himself. All together we probably spent over 30 minutes talking to Don and he was very personable and fun to talk to. Though it was at the expense of my beloved Dodgers you have to love having the opportunity of meeting someone that is a one of in baseball history of doing something. A great time and a great signature.

2 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

What an awesome experience! I would love to have that auto in my collection.

Anonymous said...

Do you know when his next appearance will be?