Total Page Views

Monday, August 29, 2011

RECAP : DEE GORDON APPEARANCE / SIGNING @ OC DUGOUT 8-27-2011




...So back I go to OC Dugout for an autograph signing. Considering the experience I had last week with the Salmon signing ( see previous blog entry ) I did not expect much but since it was for a Dodger I would try it again. Very pleasantly surprised that it was a complete 180 from last week. Dodgers were playing a day game that ended up going into extra innings til KemVp ended it with a Bison Bomb. Was listening to the game on the radio and once the final out was recorded I started to head down to Anaheim. Got there around 6:20ish and there were no more than 60 or so people in front of me. The OC guys were passing out pizza and bottled water. Must of heard about Kemp's delivery service from the previous day. A nice touch by the guys there. Thank you. I didn't expect many people as it was a pay signing and it wasn't someone big ( yet ). Kind of reminded me of Kemp and Ethier paid signings years ago before they got big. Now even paid events for both of those players are hundreds long of people. Dee arrived around 7:00 in his new Dodger Challenger. Being in the auto industry I can appreciate nice rides and this one is a nice one. Probably one of my favorites from recent years. Nothing beats classic muscle cars though from back in the day. Had to take a picture of me and the car. Admire but respect so no touching. Once there they started letting people in about 5 or so at a time. Waiting wasn't bad as I chatted up a few people. One young boy and his family who were mostly Angel fans told me that the son already had 100+ autograph balls and 4 bats filled with autographs and I would say he was no more than 8. Kind of jealous. Once we were let into the store the line slowed a tad but that was ok because it was caused by Dee being courteous with everyone and talking to each person. If asked for a photo he actually got out from behind the table and stood up with you. Not like some where you just do a lean in photo ( which I have no problem with ). Dee was great and hope his rehab goes well and hope to see him on the field this week.

1 comment:

Dodgerbobble said...

I was there too! Cool pictures. We need to meet up at the next event.